The most important properties of vacuum brazed connections are as follows:
- Very strong and reproducible joints. Equal to or even stronger than the basic material.
- Through the use of precious brazing material, corrosion resistant joints are created.
- Joints can be exposed to relatively high charge temperatures.(< 800 ºC)
- Clean process. Products remain metallically blank.
- Brazing without flux agents. Therefore, no undesirable surface reactions.
- Very clean, hygienic gap free joint. Important for the food or medical industry.
- Vacuum tight/leak proof joints.
- Possibility of joining various materials with each other (e.g.: metal-ceramics).
- Brazing and hardening possible in a single process.
- Parts can undergo practically all hardening processes after a brazing treatment.
- High level of construction freedom; thick/thin is possible, large surfaces can be joined.
- More than one joint can be created in a single process. The creation of complex products is possible
- High level of dimensional stability possible, no or practically no distortions.
- Both single piece and larger series can be treated.