HD Brazing® properties
A process developed by Aalberts Surface Technologies Eindhoven B.V. in the field of high temperature / vacuum brazing.
See also the brochures and certificates
properties of HD Brazing®
The main properties of vacuum brazed joints are:
- Very strong and reproducible joints. Equivalent to or even stronger than the base material.
- The use of noble brazing materials results in corrosion-resistant joints.
- Joints can be exposed to relatively high insertion temperatures. (< 800°C)
- Clean process. Products will stay metallically clean.
- Brazing without flux. No unwanted surface reactions.
- Very clean hygienic gap-free connection. Important for the food or medical industry.
- Vacuum tight/leak tight joints.
- Ability to join different materials together (for example: metal-ceramic).
- Brazing and hardening is possible in one process.
- Parts can undergo virtually any hardening process after soldering.
- High degree of constructional freedom; thick/thin is possible, large surfaces can be joined.
- Multiple connections can be made in one process. Complex products are possible
- High degree of dimensional stability possible, no or almost no deformations.
- Both single pieces and larger series can be treated.